Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Road Trip Wednesday

Good morning, Boston. Get me to California soon.





Over at! http://yahighway.blogspot.com/ they posted these three questions. Here are my answers.




1) What are the three best books you've read this year?

Do the ones I beta count? No? Boo. Okay then, here we go.


  1. The Lovely Bones: I know, I know, I'm so unorginal. I actually read this about three years ago but with all the movie buzz I decided I must read it again, then pass it all around.


  2. World War Z: My boyfriend is a zombie freak and I always made fun of him. But to appease him (and get him to return the favor) I watched every zombie movie ever made (no I'm not exaggerating) then read this book. And it totally blew me away. Of course, the boyfriend can't know that because then he'll think he's always right. And we can't have that :)

  3. Perks Of Being A Wallflower: I've read this a million times. At least. Literally. The binding is shot to shit, broken and ripped. My boyfriend wrote a message to me on the inside cover (you're the only one to ever make me feel infinite too) People I've passed it too (at least ten) have left comments in the margins. This only makes it more important to me. It's the one book I will never ever lose. Because picking up a new copy wouldn't be the same. If you've read Perks, you'll understand. There's something about a bunch of personal messages scrawled in different handwritings and colors, that makes it better. Charlie would approve. This entire book is like sitting between your two best friends, going to your first party, and breaking out of the tunnel, into the city lights, feeling infinite.

2) If you could meet one author (living or dead), who would it be?

J.K Rowling. I know, still unoriginal. But come on, none of us would be here in the YA world if it wasn't for her. I grew up on Harry Potter. I am in the Harry Potter Generation. I turned 11 when the first book came out and trust me, I was enraged that I didn't receive my Hogwarts letter. I would like to take her up on that. But I might hyperventilate and pass out first.

3) What book are you most looking forward to in 2010?

Hmm. This is a toughie. I tend not to be expecting anything unless I'm waiting on a sequel. I'm an amazon 1-click shopper. I'm an impulse buyer. I see a cover and synopsis I like and have it sent to my house. It's an awful idea because sometimes I flip through the first chapter, hate it, and never read it.

5 comments:

Kaitlin Ward said...

Your explanation of why you love Perks of Being a Wallflower is so beautiful! I definitely have to read that one--I haven't yet.

Kate Hart said...

I picked Perks as well, but you do a great job of describing why it's awesome.

LizPage said...

Kaitlin!
You must read Perks. It's one of those books that will honestly change your perspective on life.

Kristin Halbrook said...

Perks is great. A definite YA classic.

Amna said...

I picked up perks! Can't wait to read it!

Oh yeah, the duff is a book by our very own Kody!:

http://kodymekellkeplinger.blogspot.com/